American MilSim
TheJP

2013 Medic / IFAK rule

Just a clarification on this medic rule please.

Frosty states in the video carry IFAK pouch but then says you can stick the bandages in your pocket .

Is the IFAK pouch mandatory or can you use lets say your cargo pocket on your pants.

Thanks, Beerman

That is up to the player, we are not going to hold players hands on how they outfit their IFAK-- if you are not smart enough to clearly mark your IFAK kit or do not have bandages then that player can just enjoy a walk to re-spawn or cost his medic that much more time trying to treat him.

Just some kind of pouch that your medic can identify easily. HSGI's Bleeder/Blowout pouch works pretty good.

http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-MBP&cat=36

Maybe each team can designate one specific pocket/pouck for the IFAK. When I was on active duty, we always wore our battle dressing pouch on the left shoulder of our LBE so everyone knew where to get to it if it was needed.

That's how we did it in the military and this is military simulation, correct? ;)  

As I heard, and see, it. How and where you carry your two bandages are solely up to you. But as Doc and Spektre have tried to point out from a player POV, it would be a good idea for individual squads/teams to establish their own SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for how (pouch/pocket) and where these should be. But AMS, as a rule, is not going to enforce a loadout location. 

I like this new twist, it will add more realism for the hit rules and a simpler view for staff observing as well. Making gameplay for all of us smoother. 2 ACE bandages, cut to a 2-3 wrap, will fit in just about any pouch. But my suggestion, backed by others I know, would be to not use a pocket or small pouch that blends in. Properly mark, sharpie a red/black cross, and place in an easy to reach location for your medic. If your medic is like Doc, he will get mad at you if he has to search for your IFAK..

I just found out about AMS yesterday, and I am utterly thrilled to start planning to attend my first OP (more than likely Broken Home 2 in May) but I have an IFAK/Medic question. I understand the IFAK rule, but when I took part in MilSim Airsoft OPS back when I was on active duty, and now when I take part in injury-prone activties, I always carried a milspec first aid/combat trauma loadout because of my background, training, and licensure (EMT-Paramedic, US Navy Fleet Marine Force Hospital Corpsman, graduate of the International School of Tactical Medicine). I'm pretty sure I can grab a couple of spare ACE wraps and stuff them in a spare MOLLE pouch, but I've not seen any rules or procedures of actual medics participating in the events. Are real-world medics allowed or even encouraged to bring their real medical equipment? Are real-world medics assigned to the medic role during squad assignment? If a participant were to really injure themselves, are we allowed to disregard the game to treat them accordingly? I probaly have a few more questions that'll come up as time goes on...but that's all I can think of for now. I am very much looking forward to the possiblity of taking part in future OPS, trust me you have a new fan!!!!

I think this is a great idea, the responsibility is on the player not just the guy that is assigned to be the medic... This will add another level of realism to the games that should cut out a lot of the medic problems of the past. Looking forward to seeing how this works at OPES, I think you guys are doing a great job, changing up the way MILSIM is planned and played, I am honored to be a port of this great organization... Keep up the good work and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.

I would like to see Role Played deaths. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK?! 

WORD!

Maybe Praetorian will just make house rule. All 'hits' must be role played out. :P haha

I'd love to go to an event where you call "HIT" as you fall/roleplay or whatever.

You can see this in practice in this video from a DARC training video (trainig I think anyway).

Skip to 1:25 for coolness/example.

Guest Specs

When I'm hit, you'd better believe I'll be flailing to the ground and yelling for a medic haha. All part of the fun.

As far as medic rule 2013 is concerned, I know that "dragging" fallen comrades to cover has been allowed in the past. Is that still permitted, and is the downed individual able to crawl at all?

WORD!

Maybe Praetorian will just make house rule. All 'hits' must be role played out. :P haha

I'd love to go to an event where you call "HIT" as you fall/roleplay or whatever.

You can see this in practice in this video from a DARC training video (trainig I think anyway).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0QgKQLte9A

Skip to 1:25 for coolness/example.

You see him squeeze off a few more shots to his head, this could be a new thing where if you are able to mercy kill your oponnent, instead of calling for a medic, it acts the same as a rubbee knife where it is a mortal wound and you must respawn. Just a thought.

Mercy killing is just plain out a bad idea. Someone calls hit and you keep shooting him/her especially as you say in the head they are going to get pissed off and you are likely to have a fight on your hands.

You see him squeeze off a few more shots to his head, this could be a new thing where if you are able to mercy kill your oponnent, instead of calling for a medic, it acts the same as a rubbee knife where it is a mortal wound and you must respawn. Just a thought.

No, would cause far too many issues for the above reason.

I think if you could carress them with your rubber knife or tactical spoon, you could count that as a 'coup de grace' and dispatch them to the celestial regions where one is reborn, i.e.,,respawn.

Be sure to get the kill-card.