AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
TheJP

2013 Medic / IFAK rule

Might I suggest marking your IFAK pouch with red/orange/yellow tape to make it more easily found and possibly standarding the position on the web gear so the medic will know where every players IFAK pouch is located.

Might I suggest marking your IFAK pouch with red/orange/yellow tape to make it more easily found and possibly standarding the position on the web gear so the medic will know where every players IFAK pouch is located.

That is up to the player, we are not going to hold players hands on how they outfit their IFAK-- if you are not smart enough to clearly mark your IFAK kit or do not have bandages then that player can just enjoy a walk to re-spawn or cost his medic that much more time trying to treat him.

You guys are going to deduct the cost of a IFAK from every AMS op from now on, right? :)

What happens when we run out of ACE bandages? What sort of restrictions will there be on supply (IE, carrying a bag of 50 wraps as opposed to two)?

Y'all might consider selling a 15 dollar IFAK kit with a couple bandages in it.... wouldn't be a bad idea for some players.

Dave, its a simple concept. Two bandages per person (supplied by player), per spawn. Bandages, from how i understand it, dont have to actually be in an IFAK. Just shove them in a double M4 pouch (I would still mark it, sharpies work). I do urge AMS to clarify one bandage per arm. Once both arms are bandaged, its time to respawn/go back to the FOB. Also, only the medic gets to use the bandages. This concept allows every player to get hit twice before having to go back to the FOB instead of only having 6 bandages per squad, and there are some BIG "squads" out there. This rule should strengthen every squad and let everyone get their moneys worth.

Everyone hates those guys that always get hit and are always needing a medic, then all of a sudden just three guys used up all six bandages, and they werent even worth saving.

You guys are going to deduct the cost of a IFAK from every AMS op from now on, right? :)

What happens when we run out of ACE bandages? What sort of restrictions will there be on supply (IE, carrying a bag of 50 wraps as opposed to two)?

Y'all might consider selling a 15 dollar IFAK kit with a couple bandages in it.... wouldn't be a bad idea for some players.

Put on you "big boy" pants and Don't lose you bandages?

Dave just remember...

I CAN'T QUIT YOU!

:)

Love,

JP

One member of my platoon asked me this question. Can the medic carry extra bandages, other than his two? Or is the medic only limited to whats in his IFAK.

I think Jp answered that pretty clearly

"That is up to the player, we are not going to hold players hands on how they outfit their IFAK-- if you are not smart enough to clearly mark your IFAK kit or do not have bandages then that player can just enjoy a walk to re-spawn or cost his medic that much more time trying to treat him."

One member of my platoon asked me this question. Can the medic carry extra bandages, other than his two? Or is the medic only limited to whats in his IFAK.

Good question..

We want to shift the onus onto the player more than the medic, since often teams dont have a dedicated "medic" so to say. Let the AMS crew discuss this for a bit. But as for now it stands medics can only pull bandages from player's IFAK.

Thanks for the good question though...

Will we be allowed to shorten the bandages or do they need to remain full length? Or even possible be allowed to tie them up into a band and just slip them on and good to go.

Will we be allowed to shorten the bandages or do they need to remain full length? Or even possible be allowed to tie them up into a band and just slip them on and good to go.

Sure, I'd probably just make them long enough to wrap 1-2 times around the arm and be tucked in. if you make them just slip on you kinda of defeat the purpose and realism we are trying to add.

The more immersed you get into an AMS event the more enjoyment you will get out of them.

Sure, I'd probably just make them long enough to wrap 1-2 times around the arm and be tucked in. if you make them just slip on you kinda of defeat the purpose and realism we are trying to add.

The more immersed you get into an AMS event the more enjoyment you will get out of them.

Thanks JP

How about a AMS approved Medkit pack in the store? Would be nice to know there will be kits/bandages for purchase at the event...

I believe Kastway airsoft will have HSGI blow out pouches for sale with Ace bandages.

Medic tube will indicate the wound location and amount of bandages.

Medic Tube... I've searched the forums for this and can't find info on it. Can you point me in the direction of how this system works please JP? I haven't been to an AMS event since OBH.

Thanks dood

^^^^watch the video. Only a medic can apply the bandaid. Carry two. If not have fun walking.

Bandaid can not be pre prepped.

No bud, I got the IFAK 2 ACE bandage rule, but I saw something having to do with dice and a medicine bottle from an RDGX video? Is that in play for OESR?

the medic tube was introduced at RDG,it was a tube with a single die inside. The medic carried the tube and when he arrived at the wounded he would give it a shake and then would look on the list attached to the tube and find the corresponding # and perform the procedure (1-6 wounded arm or head etc and even Sudden Death).Added a pretty cool twist to the I'm hit rule.