AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Yogi

Connectors

Well here at frog and over 6 years I ran into a bad battery cell. Melted my wires and such, money wise I have to fix it myself. In the past I bought a pack of Tamiya connectors just to have with a crimping tool. As I am teaching my self how to fix my own gun, yeah I know I should know how to bye now.

Anyway I been crimping away and I am ok but they don't turn out as strong as I want. Plus having 14g wires can be a bit hard trying to get a perfect crimp. But what I really want to ask all of you it should I just I stick to Tamiya connectors or go Deans in which I alot easier to install. And yes I plan to have to or three batteries with me just in-case I need one.

By the way if I use deans would the extension wire in the Stock need to be switched two.

Thanks

Yogi

I've switched all my stuff to deans, as far as changing wires I didn't do that just spiced in, im sure some electrician is saying noooooo! But it's working great sofar

I use all deans as well. Still one if the best upgrades I've given my guns. Even moded my TM AEP and wired to micro deans.

Thanks all I think I'll just switch to deans as they seem easy for me to put them on then Tamiya's. see you in picher.