Jump to content
American MilSim


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About JTP709

  • Rank
    American MilSim Member
  • Birthday 02/04/1988

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Lexington, KY
  • Interests
    MILSIM, Real Steel, Airsoft, Hiking, Repelling, girls, long walks on a war torn beach...
  1. Ran two miles for the first time in three years. Taking steps in the right direction.

  2. That's a shame, I reported the kill to Frosty, Twitch, and Top... There was also an admin right there talking to the XO as we took him out. There is video evidence on the KAG video above, skip ahead to 40:31 and you'll see is charge ahead and you'll get a quick glimpse of the COST XO speaking with the admin and one of his squad leaders with a death rag on his head after our assault.
  3. What about UFS QRF/Marines taking out the COST XO and collecting his kill bracelet?
  4. Landing on someone's crotch and burning a whole in a glove are not "great." Thunder Bs and Tornadoes do the same job and are safe.
  5. Air assault behind enemy lines with joint QRF and Marine squad - Check Penetrate COST lines and slip by a squad of infantry watching the flank - Check Assault the airfield and eliminate COST leadership elements - Check Held the objective for as long as possible before being overrun - Check Had a helluva fun time doing it - Double Check Yup, we're "winning" And Chappy, if you want your Kill Bracelet back, you'll have to come get it from us next year!
  6. http://youtu.be/YAbJbUuGABc Operation Broken Home May 2012 AAR Overview - The drive out west was overwhelmed with anxiety and very little sleep. We set off just after midnight and took two hours to pick up our team mates from across Kentucky: Lexington, Shelbyville, Louisville, and Fort Knox. Once we rolled into DDAP and set up camp we walked the field and only got in enough time to see Caen and the V2 rocket site before we got smart and took a ride with the Deuce and a half. What. A. Field. I woke up Saturday an hour early since I forgot to fix my watch to Central Time (I come from the land of Eastern standards). That didn’t matter as I was fully awake and well rested and ready for the day ahead, or so I thought. After linking up with our platoon lead (Twitch), and finally getting my radio working on the platoon net (oh technology…), we set out on our first mission. Upon steam rolling the CoST forces from their positions we continued toward Pegasus bridge, which proved to be the real challenge. Initially I had planned on carrying a light pack that wasn’t so light. I dumped it in the UFS Deuce and a half since it was going to be at our FOB the whole time. This was a major mistake as my only source of hydration was in it. I figured I would just bum water off of my team mates until I went back to get my smaller camelback from our camp. After three hours of hard chargin I was spent. Once the nausea set in I knew I had to get chow, hydrate, and cool off. I left the field about an hour after 1200h to get my gun run in. Holy hell what an experience. Let me rephrase that: Holy mother of Odin’s brass balls what a mind-berating roller coaster ride of adrenaline fueled autoerotic asphyxiation caste of experience that can only beaten if I was present on set during the filming of the lesbian scene from Black Swan. After the most amazing airsoft experience of my life, I was ready to reload, refit, and get back out on the field. It was around 1415h and I wanted to get back out on the field before 1500h so I could play at least three more hours before ENDEX at 1800h. At around 1445h I was about to walk back out just as my teammates all had returned. They were all worn out and as dehydrated as I was, except for one who was in really bad shape and barely sweating anymore. We immediately move him into shade, had him change into shorts and a t-shirt, sucking down water, Gatorade, and eating food. With the word that there may not be a helicopter for Sunday’s game, we had everyone rest up in the shade, hydrate, refit, and get ready for at least one more hour of play. Our team had paid for a helicopter infil/exfil and we wanted to get everyone in on that. At 1700h our team had just inserted into the D-Day LZ Northeast of Colleville. As our fifth and final man was on his way on the chopper I finally got someone on comms to get a sitrep: ENDEX had been called an hour early due to heat casualties and people dropping out. Despite our despair, we convinced the chopper crew to at least take us back to camp. Three hours later we rolled out for the night game. Tracers, lasers, and flashlights were mounted and ready, as well as a second source of water! The game was great and full of fun, got plenty of kills and got killed plenty of times. I did, however, toss my Tornado grenade only to have it fail to detonate and then never see it again. Next I was flabbergasted with all of the fireworks being tossed around. I was told this was what had lead to the game being called early. This really bummed me out. After a small campfire and smores our team got a well deserved and needed night sleep. I woke up on time but before anyone else, got some chow (the DFAC breakfast really hit the spot, kudos to the café crew!), and got ready for another day’s work of slinging BBs. After the morning briefing we realized the chopper was still on site and ready to ferry troops. Immediately we got permission to do another chopper infil for our team since our infil on Saturday was ill-timed with the early ENDEX. We met up with a four man UFS Marine element who were going to conduct a gun run instead of an infil, but we convinced them and got permission for them to be dropped off at our LZ after they conducted their gun run. Once we all regrouped in the field, our small air assault element came across the Airfield just as a large force of COST were departing for the battle underway at Colleville. We identified a building in the center of the field with two COST soldiers standing by. A larger force was about 100 meters to our east, and two other soldiers in a building on the West end of the airfield. We attacked the central building and eliminated the two COST soldiers in the process, one of whom was the XO. We collected their kill bracelets and set up a hasty defense. Unfortunately we couldn’t get reliable comms with QRF or UFS command. We were alone. Our nine man force of QRF and Marines held off the COST forces for a time before being surrounded and over run. What helluva battle. I’ve found that at every major event, there is one battle that is just pure epic and full of win, despite the actual outcome. This airfield assault and defense was that, the highpoint of our experience at Broken Home. Eliminating the COST XO was just icing on the cake. With only two hours left the Marines left to find the nearest source of water as we approached Colleville from the rear. We attempted to infiltrate the Church from the Northeastern corner after respawning at a MASH but were quickly detected and eliminated by an overwhelming force. Our now dead team regrouped with the rest of UFS during the final all-out assault only to learn the game was going to be ENDEXed an hour early again due to people dropping out due to the heat. Once again we were bummed, as we knew a weakness in the COST defense, but with only 30 minutes left there was no time to exploit it. A full on frontal assault was the only option, but COST put up a stiff defense and with only five minutes left almost pushed UFS off the field. Damn, what a weekend. Personal Pros, Cons, and Lessons Learned – Despite arriving with only five strong, far from the initial nine we had registered, we still proved effective on the field. Working with our fellow QRF, Army, and Marine brothers we focused on our ability to communicate, maneuver, and deployment of heavy weapons to combat the enemy. This is a product of many days and hours spent preparing and training together as a coherent unit. I had to spend about fifteen minutes finding someone on our team to help me get my radio working. I consider myself very techno-savvy but just as with printers I find that radios always tend to never work right. Next go around I’ll be sure to link up with someone the day before or at least an hour before the event starts to do a coms check. My PTT for my headset also decided to quit working, but worked just find during training a week prior, so another comms check would identify that before I’m on the field. However all of my other pieces of kit and my primary AEG (a VFC416 pre-Umarex trades) worked perfectly fine the entire weekend. Leaving my hydration source was a very bad idea. Despite getting water from my teammates it clearly was not enough, and forced me leave the field halfway through the event. That poor decision was caused by another con: bringing too much stuff. My pack wasn’t heavy, I typically ruck with twice the amount of weight, but carrying so much while playing airsoft in 90 degree heat during a major event just isn’t necessary. I was carrying eight spare mags, a speed loader, water, propane, bottle of BBs, cliff bars, MRE, water, CO2 cartridges, and batteries. After cutting out the bottle of BBs, propane, and MRE the weight was more easily manageable. Next year I’ll only be dragging water, mags, speed loader, and cliff bars in a smaller pack. A techno lesson learned was in regard to my Contour Roam camera: don’t leave it on and don’t forget to turn it on! I had somehow neglected to delete hours of video I already copied to my PC, but I recorded 44 minutes of inside my ruck bag. I then popped in my camera microSD card since it had space on it so I could record Sunday’s game. Unfortunately this over wrote my DCIM folder, deleted every single video and photo I had on that card, including a lot taken during the ride up and group photos in front of the chopper. I also lost my vids from the Rammstien concert last month (they’re uploaded to facebook, just lower quality). Also, don’t accidentally mix .20 bbs in a bag of .28s… I ended up just buying a whole new bottle of Elite Force .25s so I could actually engage the enemy with consistency. Event Pros, Cons, and Lessons Learned – Lets start with the good: what an awesome and intriguing scenario and back story. New age civil war, definitely set up the stage for some cool back story for us history buffs and overall the actual tactical scenario was well played. Helicopter – nuff said. I’ll say more anyway: not only was it awesome to be strafing COST forces from above or air assaulting deep behind enemy lines, but just having that added threat of an air attack was menacing and nerve racking. I’ve taken cover from simulated air strikes, i.e. an admin walking toward us with a fire cracker or mortar simulator. Never have I had to take cover from an actual chopper with two door gunners. DDAP was the biggest field I’ve ever been to, which goes without saying. I’ve been to MUTC in Indiana and Zuzzmen at Fort Knox, and while those are unparalleled MOUT sites DDAP really adds a whole new level of scope to the game. With big towns, bridges, and airports you really feel like you’re fighting for strategic control of a country. UFS leadership was outstanding and very well coordinated. While I did have plenty of radio and comms issues with my own personal equipment, when I did have good comms things were going great. We always had a mission, we were always in the fight. The Maprika app was amazing, and always kept up up to date where I was on the field, but also where my Platoon leader was. However, despite adding everyone in Maprika I didn't see anyone else's location on the map the entire game! Now lets get to some of the bad: as mentioned command did a great job overall, but really lacked on the tactical aspect of the fight. Every single attack by UFS forces was a head on frontal assault on every objective. A big last minute push might have been enough to get Pegasus Bridge, but no way was that going to work one Colleville. During our team’s Sunday infil we found a number of alternate routes of attack, but unfortunately weren’t able to get that intel to command until 30 minutes before ENDEX (if we had that full hour and 30, we might have had a chance). This is a HUGE field, and the fact that my team was able to sneak around behind enemy lines, capture two MASH positions (not going to reveal where they are so we can use them next year hehehehe), assault the airfield uncontested and take out a COST high command target, coupled with the fact that two COST soldiers snuck around to Caen and sacked it just proves UFS forces failed to out-maneuver our enemy. I didn’t really like how QRF was being used like a typical line infantry platoon. I was under the impression we’d be going on “dynamic†missions like rescue a down pilot (I did see that M7 on the COST QRF did perform a rescue mission). I understand that we’d be QRF for regular forces when they needed extra guns, but every time I had a mission it was the same mission as the Army units I was tasked with which made us just another line infantry unit. Some of the other QRF guys did get tasked with recce ops and such, and I’m not complaining or wanting to sound like “oh, its not fair that Striker 1 did this or M7 did that,†but I never felt like QRF as a whole was being used like QRF should be. Now, I will say that my guys did drop out for the second part of the day on Saturday, and on Sunday I took advantage of our helo infil on Sunday so we were already behind enemy lines and out of comm range (which was high speed in and of itself, but it wasn’t an “official†QRF tasking), so perhaps I just wasn’t there when all the cool QRF stuff was going on. Speaking of infil/exfil helo missions I was under the impression that the teams that paid for a helo infil/exfil would be tasked with cool kind of “side†missions? I may be wrong here, but that would’ve been pretty need to be infilled by helo with the mission to “destroy†the V2 rocket or ambush an enemy convoy in a kind of secret “black ops†style mission. At least that’s what I had in mind. But our actual infil did serve a better purpose of actually helping the actual game (and we did kill the COST XO). What really bummed me out was ENDEXing an hour early every single time. I understand that the heat was thinning the ranks, and those on the field were already beat and had little left in them, but it still bums me out that the moment we got back to the front line thinking we had an hour to play we had to turn around and go home (although it did earn us an extra helo ride). And finally, the ugly: the only thing I’d consider “ugly†about this game were some characters at the night game. Throwing fireworks at people? Really? If that ever happened at a game I was hosting I’d have them banned from our games and even arrested. I don’t play with that shit. Stupid. (I’m going off what I heard had happened, so if no one was actually tossing pyro at people then ignore this). A second issue I had with the night game was the attitude of some of the admins. I was so irritated by the attitude of some (not all, just a few) of the admins. Every few minutes I would hear “Hey! Stop shooting I’m an Admin!†I understand that we shouldn’t intentionally shoot an admin as they’re not in play, but here’s the thing: I don’t think that anybody would intentionally just shoot an admin, but it obviously happened a lot! A number of the admins were just hanging out, talking to each other in groups, not really paying attention as COST and UFS ran around and slung bbs around them. Other admins didn’t even realize their red light sticks weren’t turned on but yelled at people anyways. Its airsoft, if you’re on the field you’re going to get shot with BBs! Deal with it! It really upset me when I was getting chewed out for trying to play the game by an admin who was just hanging out chit-chattin in the middle of a fire fight. Overall this was a fantastic game, worth the 12 hour roadtrip (kudos to Chris Law, our HWS, who drove the entire way both trips!). Already we’re recruiting, planning, and preparing for next year! Thank you to the AMS guys and everyone who made this weekend possible! Another big thanks to JP, who really showed that he was vested in the everyone's health and safety. When we returned to our camp on Saturday with one of our guys badly dehydrated, JP came around several times to check on him. Plus every single exchange between JP and any admin made one thing very clear to me: they just wanted everyone to have a great time and to have fun. Kudos to you guys, and here's to the future of American Milsim and Broken Home!
  7. I saw a red Tornado with "Bandit" written on it in the back of the Lost and Found ATV, I'm glad he got it back. Twitch shot me a message saying they had found my red Tornado grenade and will hopefully be getting it back soon
  8. I figured we could post this up for anybody that might have picked something up and forgot to drop it off at the on-site L&F, or if someone got home and realized they lost something that the ASM crew may still have. I lost my Tornado Grenade which is Red with White duct tape wrapped around it securing a piece of para cord that should have retained the pin. I threw it into the second floor of the "prison" (I think) building during the night game and never saw it again. After I was hit I went to retrieve it and the COST guys occupying that room acknowledged that it came in but didn't detonate. However, It wasn't anywhere in the room, or around the building after a thorough search that night and the following morning. Please PM me if you've found my Tornado.
  9. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  10. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  11. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  12. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  13. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  14. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  • Create New...